Having issues with RUGBYPASS? Find a solution by either searching by keyword, or browsing a category below.
- How do I connect via AppleTV?
- How do I Airplay via MacOS?
- How do I connect via Chromecast?
- How do I connect my Laptop to my TV via HDMI?
Why is the picture all squashed?
If you are using a VGA or DVI cable to connect your computer to your TV you probably need to adjust your screen resolution.
On Windows, this can be done by navigating to the control panel and going into display properties. Here you will see a list of screen resolutions and can test each one until you find one that works.
On a Mac you can go to System Preferences and select Display. Here you will see a list of screen resolutions you can try.
For both Windows and Mac ensure you select the correct screen if you are using "dual screen" mode. Normally if you are using HDMI the correct screen resolution will automatically be selected but if not try the steps above.
- I'm using HDMI but have no sound. Why?
- I am using DVI/VGA or a DVI to HDMI adapter and have no sound. Why?
TECHNICAL & TROUBLESHOOTING
- Why is my video not playing?
- Why is my video is choppy or low quality?
- I have adjusted the quality settings, so why is the video still choppy or low quality?
- How can I improve my stream?
- Why am I seeing a spinning circle (or empty black screen or white screen)?
- Why am I seeing a green screen?
- Why is the Login page not loading (Google Chrome or Firefox)?
- My video is buffering, but I have a good connection speed of 4-5mbps, how come?
- I think my connection is ok, but my video is buffering and freezing, what can I do?
- Why am I getting a message 'Connection Error' on the player?
- Do you have any tips regarding CPU Utilization?
- Do you have any tips regarding Local Software or Network Conflicts?
- Have you recently update to Sierra OS and now your WIFI is slow?
Mobile - Common Questions
iPad / Phone
Apple TV & Airplay
MY ACCOUNT & BILLING
Accounts & Registration